Friday, January 13, 2017

Fifteen Minutes of Fame

Not that I'm famous.
It's just that I only have fifteen minutes before my ride leaves the library.
So I thought it was a cute title. Smile already!

Updates on the craft front: last month I finished a pair of knitted socks for Sage, and managed to get them both done before he outgrows them. Huge accomplishment in many ways. I also started the knitted mini-purse for Jenni, and have gotten the front finished with a very cool "J" knit in intarsia. Using variegated yarn for the letter added an extra "oomph," I thought. Photos can be seen of both projects on my projects page on Ravelry. Look for me as Mommalyn. I don't keep it as updated as I'd like to, but that shouldn't be a surprise after seeing how long it took me to get back to my blog! Lack of convenient computer access is a major reason. So if you want to hear more from me, buy me a new computer and get me internet access. Or at least get me a new computer, I'll go next door to Burger King for internet access!

The purse for Jenni isn't finished yet, it's going to take longer than usual because I (a) am knitting it on smaller needles for a tighter stitch, (b) don't get to work on it as often as I want because the three-year-old likes to hoard my attention, (c) even though it's a mini-purse, it has compartments so is actually bigger than the usual mini-purse, and (d) it's done in black yarn, which I can only work on for limited amounts of time before my eyes give out. But I will get it done, and post finished photos both on Ravelry and Facebook.

OK, my ride is getting restless... so toodle-oo for now. In the immortal words of The Terminator, "I'll Be Back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment